Meatball Sub (Hot)
Make yourself a hot meatball sub just like you will find at your local Subway. However, with a few alternatives you'll have your meatball sub complete in know time. If you like use Italian roll, but we recommend thick white bread as it's much more affordable. Also, without spending to much buy already made meatballs and even Marinara Sauce in jar available to buy from your supermarket, and not to forget slice chedder cheese. That's it, if you've got all this your ready to make a meatball sub. One last thing, if you wish to get more involved you can make the meatballs and marinara sauce yourself. We've given you the incredients for the meatballs just incase you wish to learn from scratch.
- 2 Slices of Thick White Bread
- Marinara Sauce in Jar
- Already Brought Meatballs or Prepare yourself
- Sliced Chedder Cheese
Prepare Yourself Meatball Ingredients:
- Minced Beef
- Olive oil
- Finely Chopped Onion
- A Beaten Egg
- Salt and Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Garlic Clove (crushed)
Prepare yourself Meatball Instructions:
- Heat up 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a saucepan over a gentle heat then add the chopped onion and crushed garlic. Cover and sweat for four minutes until soft and golden. Allow to cool before continuing.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the minced beef with the cold onion and garlic. Add any herbs and the beaten egg. Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
- Equally devide the mixture into approximately 16 rather large round balls. Cover the meatballs until sandwich is ready to be prepared, try to be quick before the meatballs cool.
- Start to heat up your marinara sauce in the saucepan over a gentle heat, without letting it boil, be sure to always mix.
- Place one slice of thick white bread on your chopping board and place six hot meatballs onto your slice of white thick bread (however, your meatballs may be warm at this point but not to worry, it still taste good).
- Quickly pour a small amount of marinara sauce onto your meatballs and let it run over your bread, but not to much as your bread will get to soggy.
- Place two slices of chedder cheese directly over the hot marinara sauce and let it melt naturally. Alternatively, you may wish to place your sandwich under a hot grill for a few seconds to help the cheese melt.
- Finally, place your second slice of bread over your sandwich and eat immedently well its still hot.
This sandwich recipe is found in: Meaty Sandwiches